Do you still use cumbersome folding maps and heavy tour books while travelling? Have you ever been to a new destination and wished you had the advice of someone who’d been there before you to give you suggestions on what to see?
While access to the internet is easier than ever before, bookmarking articles to find your favourite travel sites again can be time consuming. And accessing the internet on holidays uses up valuable data and costs you money. Depending on your travel style, you might even decide not to have a cell phone plan for the country you are visiting.
Luckily, you now have an easier option! Use a GPS-guided travel article. This is a travel article that has GPS coordinates embedded in the article and a map of the route the author described in their article. You can have easy access to thousands of these articles (from over 1000 worldwide cities) at GPSmyCity. Once this app is downloaded to your phone, you won’t need an internet connection to use the articles as travel guides. It will show you right where you are on the map and guide you to each location of your choosing!
You can also upload any travel article from GPSmyCity free of charge. This means you can read it at your leisure, without having to find a wi-fi connection. If you do decide you want it to be a GPS-guided article, just pay a small fee to upgrade ($1.99). It’s just that easy!
It’s just like having your own personal tour guide!
You can access GPS-guided travel articles three different ways:
- Click on a link below for the article you are interested in (if you haven’t already downloaded the free GPSmyCity app, you will see a prompt to do so). After downloading the app, you will be directed to the article. Then you can choose UPGRADE to get the GPS-guided version.
- You can access GPSmyCity on your Android device through Google Play.
- From the GPSmyCity app through iTunes, you can browse by city to see which articles are available.
You can download any article for free or upgrade for offline GPS-guided use.
To introduce you to the world of GPSmyCity, for the next week we are giving away my new article app “3 Days in Barcelona”. This is a great little itinerary if you have limited time in this beautiful city.
You can find the article here: https://www.gpsmycity.com/blog/4506 (Offer expires July 1, 2018).
As a bonus (and to introduce you to how great this concept is), you will be able to upgrade the app for free. This offer begins today (June 25, 2018) and ends on July 1, 2018.
Want to see the rest of my travel articles that are featured on GPSmyCity? Here are the links:
- Exploring the Imperial Ruins of Rome’s Palatine Hill (NEW!) – https://www.gpsmycity.com/blog/4505
- Historic Fort Dunvegan https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/fairview-5982.html
- What’s So Gouda About Alkmaar? https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/alkmaar-5001.html
- 5 Reasons to Add Evora to Your Portugal Itinerary https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/evora-3524.html
- 5 Port Wine Cellars to Try in Porto https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/porto-3570.html
- 5 Reasons to Visit Schiedam, South Holland https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/schiedam-6058.html
- The Zuiderzee Museum in Enkhuizen https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/enkhuizen-5983.html
- Den Gamle By – A Glimpse of Old Town Aarhus https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/aarhus-2592.html
- A Visit to the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/copenhagen-485.html
- A Day Trip to Vianden, Part 1 – Exploring the Town https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/vianden-5981.html
- Rowing at the Roskilde Viking Ship Museum, Denmark https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/roskilde-2600.html
- The Cologne Wars – Who Comes out Smelling Like a Rose? https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/alkmaar-5001.html
Note: If you do upgrade one of my downloaded GPS-Guided travel articles, I will receive a few cents. It helps me offset the costs of maintaining a travel blog!